The Joyful Mysteries
The five Joyful Mysteries are prayed on Mondays, and focus on the joyful events related to the Incarnation and the early years of Jesus Christ. The mysteries focus on:
- The Annunciation:The Archangel Gabriel "announces" to Mary that she shall conceive the Son of God.
- The Visitation:Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth, who is pregnant with John the Baptist.
- The Nativity:Jesus is born in a stable in Bethlehem.
- The Presentation:Mary and Joseph present the Child Jesus in the Temple where they meet Simeon.
- The Finding in the Temple:After losing Him, Mary and Joseph find young Jesus teaching in the Temple.