The Glorious Mysteries
The Five Glorious Mysteries are prayed on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and focus on the glorious events related to the Resurrection and the reigning of Christ in Heaven with Our Lady. The mysteries are as follows:
1. The Resurrection:Jesus rises from the dead.
2. The Ascension:Jesus "ascends" to heaven, as the apostles watch.
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit:The Holy Spirit descends upon the apostles gathered in the upper room with Mary.
4. The Assumption:Mary is assumed into heaven by God at the end of her life here on earth.
5. The Coronation:Mary is crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth.